Gaming chairs are glorious to sit in because they offer so many comfortable features. It is pretty easy to lose track of time when you are sitting in these comfortable chairs. Before you know it, you have been spending all day and night sitting in your cozy chair and eating all sorts of snacks while you enjoy your favorite video games.
The rigorous use of these chairs can make them dirty pretty fast. Learning how to clean gaming chairs will help you keep your chair clean and in great condition for a lot longer. In this step guide, we are going to share some of the best tips and tricks on the best cleaning process for different types of gaming and office chairs.
How to Clean Gaming Chairs
It is important to take good care of your gaming chair by giving it a regular clean and by cleaning up spills immediately. When spills like soda or food spills are left to dry on your fabrics, these messes can stain and discolor your chair permanently. Here is a quick look at the best ways to clean up all sorts of messes from your chair.
How to Clean Fresh Spills From your Gaming Chair
By cleaning up fresh spills immediately, and before these substances start to dry on the fabric, you can reduce the chances of staining the fabric and you won’t have to scrub the chair as much. Here is a quick look at the best ways to clean fresh stains from your chair.
Cleaning Tips for Faux Leather
Faux leather gaming chairs are very easy to clean since you can just wipe away most of the messes. To clean faux leather, you can just grab a container and create a soapy mixture with some mild detergent and warm water. Grab a damp cloth, wet it in the soapy mixture, wring it out and wipe up all the mess from the spill. For large messes like an entire cup of coffee, you can repeat this step several times until all of the leftover mess has been cleared away.
Now grab a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the surface dry and be careful to remove all moisture between cracks and folds.
Once the chair is dry, you can grab a dashboard cleaner or PU leather cleaner spray and lightly spray the entire chair. grab your clean soft cloth again and wipe down the entire surface so the oil and product will be distributed evenly. Your chair should now be very shiny and should have a great scent from the spray.
Cleaning Tips for Upholstered Fabric Chair
Upholstery chairs or cloth fabric chairs are a bit more complex to clean because the fabric gaming chair surface isn’t water-resistant. If you saturate these ergonomic chairs too much, you can damage the comfortable chair because too much moisture can trigger mold and mildew growth or bad odors.
To clean spills from an upholstered chair, you can follow the following steps.
- Create a soapy mixture with mild dish soap and some water. You can also create a vinegar and baking soda mixture if you prefer natural cleaning products.
- Grab a microfiber cloth, rinse it in the soapy mixture, wring it out and dab at the messes on your chair. Keep dabbing the area until you no longer see any of the spills or mess on the fabric gaming chair.
- Next, take a clean wrung-out wet cloth and dab at the soapy mixture so you can clear up all of the soap from the fabric gaming chair. Be careful not to saturate the chair too much.
- Once cleaned, you want to make sure that your chair is properly dried. Turn on a fan and place the chair in the moving air or put your chair outside in the sun for a little bit so it can dry. Be careful not to leave your chair out for too long or it could fade in the harsh UV rays.
How to Deep Clean a Gaming Chair
It is good to give your gaming chair a deep clean every couple of weeks or about once a month. A deep clean will clear off all bacteria and germs from your chair and can refresh it to prevent bad odors. here is a quick look at the best steps for deep cleaning your best gaming chair for back pain.
Vacuum Clean the Chair
You can vacuum any type of gaming chair about once a week. Vacuuming the chair with a brush attachment can help clear loose dirt and dust from all surface areas and out of all of those hard-to-reach areas.
Wash Plastic and Metal Surfaces
The harder parts of gaming chairs like the chair arms, frame, base, and wheels are a bit easier to clean compared to fabric components.
To clean these areas, you can simply grab a sponge or rag and dip it in warm water with soap. Wash these areas thoroughly and scrub stubborn dirt.
If your chair has stainless steel components, you can consider cleaning it with a stainless steel spray product.
Stainless steel cleaning products are designed to lift some of the stains from the metal so it will return to its original chrome-like shine.
Once you are done washing all hard components of the chair, you will need to wipe everything down with a paper towel or rag. Wiping down the surfaces will prevent streaks on your beautiful furniture.
Wash and Deep Clean PU Leather Gaming Chairs
Most gaming chairs are made with polyurethane leather material, PVC leather, or synthetic material. These materials are water-resistant, stain-resistant, and very easy to clean.
To clean polyurethane, you can simply grab a cloth, hot water, and some dish soap. Wash the entire area using the rag.
After soaping the area on your faux leather chair, you should grab a clean cloth and clean water, and wipe down the surface to remove excess soap.
You can now grab a dry cloth or towel and dry off the leather fabric. Since these products are water-resistant, you won’t have to worry about drying the fabric. A quick dry with a towel should leave your fabric nice and dry.
It is best to treat a faux leather chair with a leather care product, surface cleaner, or furniture polish. These polish spray products will protect the fabric from future stains and nourishes the fabric so it won’t crack. Grab your can of furniture polish and spray the entire chair. You can now grab a clean cloth and rub it in the spray.
Once your chair is polished and cleaned, the cleaner chair should have a refreshing smell and a slight gleam to it.
Wash and Deep Clean Upholstered Gaming Chairs
Upholstered furniture items are not quite as easy to clean because too much moisture can damage certain fabrics or can result in bad odors and mold growth.
It is best to hire a professional upholstery cleaning company for your gaming chair upholstery. But if you are going to clean these stubborn stains yourself then you should be careful not to wet the chair too much. here are a couple of great steps for cleaning fabric gaming chairs.
- Start by creating a mixture of mild soap and hot water or vinegar, hot water, and baking soda.
- Grab a cloth and lightly pat and wipe all over the fabric bits. Focus on tough stains or sweat stains and try not to wet the fabric too much.
- Once you gave the entire chair a good clean, you should grab a clean cloth and clean water and remove as much soap from the fabric as possible. Rinse the entire chair by dabbing and wiping at moist surfaces.
- A wet and dry vacuum cleaner can be tremendously helpful for getting rid of excess moisture. If you have such a vacuum cleaner then you can vacuum the entire surface area. Vacuuming will help remove much dirt and debris and will leave your chair much dryer.
- Once the chair has been rinsed, you can leave the clean chair out in the sun to thoroughly dry. Be careful not to leave your chair in direct sunlight for too long since those UV rays can fade and weaken plastic and fabric components.
A Word of Caution
Gaming chairs with electronics like gaming chairs with speakers and vibration or a gaming chair with LED lights should be cleaned extremely carefully. Too much water around electronic components can ruin these parts of your chair. With these types of chairs, it might be best to send your chair to the dry cleaners for deep cleaning.
Sit Tight For Some Final Thoughts
Learning how to clean gaming chairs will ensure the best care for these chairs so they can stay in great shape for many years. But there will eventually come a time when even the best gaming chair will need to be replaced. If your gaming chair is too dirty or broken then you should have a look at some of the guides on ChairsWiki. With our handy site, you can find the best gaming chair for tall persons, short persons, or any other type of individual.