Most people who love to relax in front of the TV need a comfortable chair that has more than one single purpose. If you love to watch movies and series but need a functional chair that can be used for different tasks then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we are reviewing the best ergonomic chair for watching TV that you can use for something else as well.
The Best Ergonomic Chair for Watching TV and Relaxing
Lounge chairs come in all shapes, styles, and designs.
It can be tough to choose the right one if you are not quite sure what will work for your home. To make it easier for you to decide, we dive in deep and share all the top pros and cons of each recliner chair so you can find one that suits your relaxing needs to perfection.
1. The Amazon Basics Memory Foam Bean Bag Lounger – A very comfortable chair for movie marathons
This is also one of the Best Gaming Chairs Under $100 to get if you love to lie back and enjoy games on your PlayStation. This beanbag chair by Amazon Basics is extremely squishy, and comfy, and can be altered so you can sit or lie down in different positions.
The bean bag chair is available in different sizes including a large lounge chair that can accommodate up to three people. It is made with velvety microfiber upholstery that is very warm to the touch and it is available in lots of colors. The amazing chair is stuffed with snippets of memory foam sponges. This memory foam sponge preserves your sitting position and offers a super squishy and comfy feel when you sit down.
This living room chair is suitable for all people of all age groups. But seniors and those with mobility problems do sometimes have a tough time getting up from all of that squishy comfort fluff.
- Weight – 64 Pounds
- Size – 72 x 48 x 34 Inches
- Colors – Black, navy, brown, gray, pink, and red
- Main materials – Microfiber chair upholstery with memory foam filler materials
- Recline – None
- Swivel – None
- Other functions – available in different sized designs including family lounge size
- It is a great chair for lounging in front of the TV
- Available in various sizes and designs
- The memory foam filling is extremely comfortable
- The microfiber fabric is very soft and warm to the touch
- It arrives compressed and will then fully expand in 4 – 5 days
- The chair is available in various colors
- The cover is stain resistant and extremely durable
- Suitable for people of all weights and sizes
- If you remove the cover there are a lot of loose high-density foam pieces that you need to contain
- Ideally, the cover shouldn’t be removed and spot clean only
- Older people and those with mobility issues have a tough time getting in and out of the chair
- It is large and bulky for some living rooms
2. The Gigantex 360 Degree Swivel Floor Chair – The best swivel chair for those who like to move around while watching TV
This swivel floor chair is ideal for enjoying TV time and many love it for gaming adventures with buddies because it swivels. With one of these comfortable recliners, you can rock yourself back and forth in a soothing motion while enjoying your favorite show or you can have a go at Play Station games and still keep an eye on your opponent.
This comfortable recliner chair is available in various colors. They have textile upholstery that is nice and warm to sit on. Thick padding offers good support and the chair has a large weight limit of up to 300 pounds. This chair can recline back into 5 different positions. You can sit upright or recline it for a quick nap. It can also fold down so you can clear some space.
- Weight – 20 Pounds
- Size – 23 x 29.5 x 32.5 Inches
- Colors – Grey, black, brown, burgundy, navy blue, and pink
- Main materials – Textile upholstery
- Weight capacity – 300 Pounds
- Recline – 5 Different positions
- Swivel – Swivels 360 degrees
- Other functions – Can fold down and has a removable base cover
- One of the most comfortable recliners to sit in
- The chair is light so you can move it with ease
- It folds down so you can make room for indoor activities
- It swivels 360 degrees
- The padding is thick and firm for good back support
- Reclines to 5 different positions so you can sit back and relax
- The chair is stylish
- It offers good lumbar and neck support
- Tall people struggle to get enough neck support
- Does not recline all the way
- Seniors can have a tough time getting out of this low chair
3. The Esright Massage Recliner Chair – The overall best Ergonomic TV Chair
This is the perfect recliner for sleeping after surgery because it has so many advanced features. It may very well be the most ergonomic chair in the world and it certainly is one of the most comfortable recliners that you can get for home use. While watching TV, you can get a full-body vibrating massage because the chair has an 8-point massage system. Massaging your back is terrific for boosting your blood circulation. You can also warm up your spine and the chair can rock or swivel up to 360 degrees.
To top it off, the chair even reclines up to 140 degrees. We also love the wider armrests that allow you to rest your arms.
The piece of furniture is a bit bulky and heavy but its high back is ideal for taller people and it is very easy to clean since the faux leather upholstery can be wiped clean using a damp cloth.
This chair is ideal for the living room but it is also considered one of the best reclining office chairs with a footrest because it is perfect for reducing worker fatigue.
- Weight – 92.61 Pounds
- Size – 33.1 x 35.8 x 43.2 Inches
- Colors – Black and brown
- Main materials – Pu Leather with a metal frame
- Recline – 3 Positions up to 140 degrees
- Swivel – 360 swivel
- Other functions – Rocking feature, lumbar heat function, and 8-point vibration massage
- It is probably one of the most comfortable recliners you will ever sit-in
- The 8-point massage function is perfect for soothing a sore back
- Lumbar heat function reduces back pain
- The chair can rock back and forth
- It can swivel in any direction
- Recline it back up to 140 degrees and you can take naps
- A footrest kicks out to lift your legs
- Two cup holders for holding your drinks
- Two front pockets where you can store the remote
- The Pu leather is easy to clean
- The chair is heavy to move around
- It can be large for small rooms
- PU leather will start to show tear marks after a while
4. The Waytrim Indoor Adjustable Kids Floor Chair – The perfect floor TV lounger for little ones
Kids can be messy. If you are looking for a way to keep little ones off your expensive lounge set then this floor chair by Wytrim is an ideal solution. It is also a very good video gaming chair for kids’ rooms.
These comfortable recliners have thick padding that is super comfy to sit on and they come in various color options. The chairs are suitable for kids up to 12 years old or small adults.
These chairs don’t swivel or rock since they don’t have a base. But they do come with a metal frame to support your back. The chair also reclines to 5 different positions so children can have a good comfort level and sit back or even lie down while watching animated films.
- Weight – 11.79 Pounds
- Size – 21.26 x 23.6 x 25.59 Inches
- Colors – Coffee, beige, blue, camel, grey, and sallow
- Main materials – Textile fabric
- Weight capacity – Children up to 12 years
- Recline – 5 Different positions
- Swivel – None
- Other functions – Backside pocket
- Light so you can move it anywhere
- The compact design is perfect for small spaces or for camping
- The fabric is soft and warm to the touch
- The chair has thick padding so you can sit comfortably
- The built-in frame is sturdy
- The backside pocket is ideal for storing items like a magazine
- A perfect TV chair to keep kids off the furniture
- Also good for kids’ rooms
- It is one of the most comfortable recliners with its 5 positions
- The chair folds flat so kids can sleep on it
- The seatback locks into position without any extra support
- Some adults can also use the chair for sitting
- The flat design might be short for some kids
- Indoor use only
- The back support can give out under the extreme weight
- Textile fabric is a bit challenging to keep clean, especially if the chair is on the floor
5. The Christopher Knight Home Alisa Mid-Century Arm Chair – The best accent chair for your TV room
This chair is loved as an accent chair in TV rooms. It can also be used as an office chair so your guests can sit comfortably and in style. It is also one of the Best Affordable Office Chairs for Back Pain thanks to a very comfortable seat.
The relaxing chair has soft textile upholstery and thick sponges that offer firm back support and a good comfort level. It has a relaxed back fit and high armrests to reduce shoulder tension. The chair can handle weights of up to 250 pounds and it is available in two beautiful colors.
It is a great chair to use in your living room but it can be just as functional in a home or corporate office. If you love this chair then you should also check out our Top 7 Best Serta Office Chairs – Ultimate Review.
- Weight – 48.17 Pounds
- Size – 32.28 x 31.5 x 32.48 Inches
- Colors – Grey or light blue
- Main materials – Textile fabric and walnut-finished legs
- Weight capacity – 250 Pounds
- Recline – No
- Swivel – No
- Other functions – Comes with armrests
- The chair is relatively light so you can easily move it
- It has a large 250-pound weight limit
- It is quite compact and suitable for small living rooms
- The textile upholstery is warm and soft to the touch
- The high armrests can reduce neck and back pain
- The chair has thick padding that offers a firm yet comfortable feel
- The relaxed back position is perfect for enjoying TV time
- The chair can be used as an accent chair in the living room
- It is made from durable material
- Does not recline
- Does not swivel
- They look great but are not the most comfortable for lounging
- The chair is a bit challenging to put together
6. The Urban Shop Faux Fur Kids Saucer Chair – A portable TV chair that kids will adore
If you need a portable chair that little ones will love then this is the perfect chair. This chair can fold up so you can store it with ease and it is extremely light so you can easily take it along on camping expeditions.
The durable chair is very stylish and it is considered one of the Best Small Corner Chairs for Bedrooms. it has a cushioned saucer cushion with polyester fabric that is nice and soft to the touch. Its metal frame can support weights of up to 215 pounds. The beautiful chair can’t recline, rock or swivel but it is still loved by kids because they can curl up into the chair while watching TV. It also offers a great level of comfort and it is a functional chair for kids’ bedrooms because of its unique look.
- Size – 29 x 32 x 22 Inches
- Colors – Black
- Main materials – Durable steel frame and polyester textile
- Weight capacity – 215 pounds
- Recline – None
- Swivel – None
- Other functions – Saucer chair design can be used for napping
- The chair is quite compact and folds up so you can take it along on trips
- The polyester fabric is extremely durable
- The fabric is soft and warm to the touch and offers a luxurious look
- The chair has thick padding for ultimate comfort
- It can fold up so you can easily store it away
- The 215-pound weight limit is good for a folding chair
- The comfy chair is nice and wide so you can relax
- A deep seat and reclined back position is ideal for watching TV or for taking quick naps
- Does not recline
- Does not swivel
- No footrests
- Not ideal for sitting upright
- Tall kids might struggle with neck support
- Kids only
- The cover is not removable or washable
7. The Stone & Beam Amazon Oversized Accent Armchair – Ergonomic and perfect for creating a lounge set in the TV room
If you need a lounge set for your TV room then this is the right chair to get because you can order the sofa and ottoman in addition to the chair. This ottoman allows you to put up your feet even though there is no adjustable footrest on the chair. It is available in various beautiful colors and you can choose from faux leather and textile fabric upholstery.
The chair is comfortable to sit in because it has an extra-wide design, and armrests that can reduce neck pain and the padded seat is nice and deep. The relaxed back also makes it possible to lie back comfortably.
The chair doesn’t offer much neck support but the cushioning is firm enough to keep you comfy. Adding a couple of these sofas to your living room will also make it look like you have a complete sofa set but gives you more freedom to move your furniture pieces in spots you like.
- Weight – 84.7 Pounds
- Size – 46.06 x 44.88 x 37.4 Inches
- Colors – Chocolate, cognac leather, dark brown leather, fawn, pearl, slate, and pepper
- Main materials – Wood and textile or faux leather textile
- Recline – No
- Swivel – No
- Other functions – Sofa and ottoman also available
- The materials offer a durable and soft feel
- The faux leather surface is very easy to wipe clean
- The seat padded cushions can be removed or turned over for extra comfort
- The chair offers firm back support and a firm yet comfortable feel
- The deep seat allows you to sit back and relax
- Available in a wide range of colors that are all beautiful
- Sofa and ottoman are also available so you can create a lounge area
- The lean is relaxed so you can lie back while watching movies
- The chair is deep and can take up a lot of space
- It does not recline
- No retractable footrest
- The chair does have a swivel seat
If you have a tough time choosing the Best Ergonomic Chair for Watching TV then perhaps this handy guide can help you choose the right one to get.
The Best TV Chair for Kids
There are two great chairs on our list that any kid would love to sit on. The Waytrim Indoor Floor chair and the Urban Faux Fur Saucer chair are both great accessories for a playroom or for parents who might want to keep messy little ones off the expensive leather living room sofa. Kids will however also love the Amazon Basics Memory Foam Bean Bag lounger because, let’s be honest, what kid doesn’t love a beanbag chair?
The Best TV Chair with Swivel
If you love a chair that swivels so you can easily look in any direction then you will probably like the Gigantex 360 Swivel floor chair the most. This chair is ideal for PlayStation gaming but it is very comfortable which also makes it practical for the living room.
The Most Stylish TV Chair
Most of the chairs on this list look great but if you want an accent chair then the Christopher Knight Alisa Arm Chair is probably the best pick. This chair is sure to make a statement in any room and it will provide a good level of comfort for watching your favorite TV shows.
Best Recliner for Watching TV
Recliners are always great for watching TV or for home cinemas and we are quite fond of the Esright Recliner because it doesn’t just tilt back so you can take a nap, it also features cupholders, a footrest, a thick headrest pillow and it has a nice massage function to ease back pain while you enjoy your soaps.
Best Sofa for TV Living Rooms
For living rooms that are used for TV and for casual sitting, you can certainly consider the Stone & Bean Accent Armchair. This sofa has that authentic living room look and it comes with additional accessories like an ottoman. The stone color of this chair is perfect for most living room decor themes and the chair looks good but is comfortable enough for lazy TV days.
Best Chair for a Home Cinema
There are quite a few chairs that can be great for a home cinema. The first one we recommend is the Esright Recliner since this one allows each person to kick back, lift their feet, and rest. For a cozier cinema, you can also consider a couple of Amazon Basics bean bag loungers. And if you are limited on space then the Gigantex 360 for adults along with a couple of Waytrim chairs for kids can be a very handy solution since you can add a bunch of chairs to your cinema without taking up to much space.
With so many great chairs to choose from, we are quite certain that you found something that you love. Any of these chairs will offer you the best comfort while watching TV and most of them will also enhance the overall look of your living room.
If you enjoyed this guide, then you will also love some of our other guides where you can shop for the best living room chair for neck pain, buy a zero gravity chair for a tall man, or even the best chair mat for a heavy person.
Perhaps you need some chair accessories like the best wheelchair cushion for preventing pressure sores and the best chair mat for a heavy person.
We have a great many guides to help you find a good chair no matter what your sitting needs might be.